The therapists use a Roller equipped with tiny stainless steel needles, or a similar device, to induce collagen production.
Collagen is connective tissue that plumps up the skin.
How it works:
- A topical anaesthetic is applied 40 minutes before the treatment to numb the area.
- The Roller makes small microscopic punctures in the skin. The mild micro-trauma to the skin stimulates fibroblastic activity in the area, which firms the skin.
- The punctures in the skin allow penetration of the active products that are placed on the skin during the treatment (transdermal delivery).
- The procedure stimulates collagen production and cell renewal.
- It provides a route that allows for the absorption of products two hundred times better. These products contains molecules or growth factors that occur naturally in the body and stimulate growth.
- The skin texture improves, fine lines disappear, the skin becomes firmer and even pigmentation marks can improve.
A topical anaesthetic is applied 40 minutes before the treatment.
The Cosmetic Roller is used by a therapist, using highly concentrated collagen-stimulating serums. It can also be used at home.
The Medical Roller is used only by a Medical doctor. The treatment is deeper, with more dramatic results.
This is a very popular treatment, with many of our patients commenting on how the thin, loose skin in their faces has tightened up.